- Why is the 5AT not a "compound"?
- Are large steam pipes really necessary to achieve high performance?
- Miscellaneous questions about the Exhaust Systems (Blowers, Kordinas and Swirl Plates)
- Why not use steam jackets to insulate the 5AT's cylinders?
- How can it be deduced from Fig 50 (in Wardale's book) that there was scope for an increase in exhaust lap for valves with longer steam lap?
Note: Wardale has also commented about the 5AT exhaust system at much greater length in correspondence with Jos Koopmans that covered elsewhere in these FAQs.